** Deadline Extended!! **
The Red Umbrella Fund is looking for committed sex worker rights activists to join our International Steering Committee (ISC)!
- Are you a sex worker and an experienced activist interested in supporting the sex workers’ rights movements at a global level?
- Do you agree with the need to respect sex work as work and ensure that sex workers everywhere can organize themselves to claim their human rights?
We have 3 positions open for new ISC members from:
- any Spanish speaking countries in Latin America or the Caribbean;
- any Francophone and Lusophone countries in Africa;
- any country in South Asia.
Roles and Responsibilities
The International Steering Committee (ISC) is responsible for the key strategic and programmatic decisions of the Red Umbrella Fund. While its members come from different parts of the world, all ISC members are expected to keep the global perspective of the Red Umbrella Fund at the forefront of their decision making. The International Steering Committee (ISC):
- Sets the grantmaking criteria and priorities, selects the Program Advisory Committee (PAC) members, and approves the new. (Grantmaking)
- Recruits, supervises and supports the Fund Coordinator, and approves policies and procedures related to strategic and key programmatic decisions. (Management)
- Reviews and approves the Red Umbrella Fund annual plan and budget. (Planning)
- Ensures that the Red Umbrella Fund’s communications are consistent with the agendas of key global and regional networks of sex workers and the fund’s own vision and mission. (Communication)
- Supports communication, cross-learning, and capacity building. (Learning and sharing)
What we are looking for:
- Sex workers’ rights activist, who identify as (current or former) sex workers and are part of a sex worker-led organisation.
- Sex workers’ rights activists based in South Asia, Latin America (Spanish speaking countries) or Africa (French and Lusophone countries). Note that the other (sub-)regions already have representation on the ISC at the moment.
- Able to communicate well (read, write and speak!) in English, Spanish, French or Russian. We especially encourage English speaking activists to nominate themselves.
- Someone with regular e-mail access and availability to attend ISC meetings (by phone, WhatsApp or Skype) and at least one international meeting per year.
- Someone able to volunteer several hours per week for ISC discussions and responsibilities at different times of the year.
- Candidates must be interested and available to commit to actively participate in the ISC for at least three years. Membership can be renewed once for another three years.
Read the Call for Nominations to join the ISC with more information!
Send us your Self-Nominations Forms plus endorsement letters by Friday 18 January 2019, 9 AM CET (Central European Time).