CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Red Umbrella Fund is looking for 6 activists to join the Programme Advisory Committee (PAC)! The PAC is the international sex worker-led peer group that reads the applications received by the Red Umbrella Fund and selects which new grants to make.
Application form here.
What do PAC members do?
PAC members read and score the applications and select which applications should be funded by the Red Umbrella Fund. Some of this work takes place from home and by e-mail, some in-person at a meeting in Amsterdam. New PAC members commit for one grantmaking process (until October 2018), and can stay on the PAC for up to 3 years.
Who are on the PAC?
The PAC has up to 11 members, always with a large majority (at least 80%) sex workers. The Red Umbrella Fund wants a PAC that is diverse in terms of gender and geography
Who can apply?
We have vacancies for sex workers or strong allies from:
- Latin America;
- Asia or the Pacific;
- Europe or Central Asia; or
- Anywhere – but with a global (or at least international) understanding of the movement.
- Language: able to read and discuss funding proposals in English.
- Availability: able to commit 5-10 hours each week between 15 August and 3 October 2018 to review applications and to participate in the PAC meeting in Amsterdam (7 – 10 October 2018). Travel and meeting costs will be covered.
- Affiliation: be part of and/or endorsed by at least one sex worker-led group or network.
- Internet: regular email and some Skype contact.
What else you need to know:
- If your group plans to send in an application to the Red Umbrella Fund, you can also be on the PAC. But we will make sure that you will of course not score your own application!
- PAC membership is voluntary, unpaid and requires a high level of commitment.
- PAC members must be able to read about 5 proposals each week during the review period (15 August – 3 October).
- Positions for allies are limited on the PAC and relevant sex worker candidates will be prioritized.
- The PAC is an exciting and meaningful opportunity to contribute to the Red Umbrella Fund’s grantmaking to sex worker groups around the world.
- As PAC member you learn more about sex worker activism in different regions.
- Many PAC members find the experience useful for their own fundraising and activism.
About the Red Umbrella Fund
The Red Umbrella Fund is a global fund by and for sex workers. We publish one Call for Applications each year. Since 2012, the Red Umbrella Fund has made 129 grants to sex worker-led groups and networks in over 50 countries.
Read about the experience of another PAC member here