Our 2020 Call for Applications is open from 22 June until 1 August 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: FOR SECURITY PURPOSES WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS THROUGH OUR ONLINE SYSTEM
Review our 2020 documents carefully! Our funding criteria and priorities remain the same, however our procedures have been updated to prioritize the security and safety of our applicants.
You may work offline, using these forms, but only applications submitted through the online system will be eligible for grants.
Download the 2020 Application Form here:
Check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) here.
What we fund
- based in any country in the world;
- registered or unregistered;
- led by women, men and/or trans.
If you wish to apply, your group, organisation or network must fulfill each of the following three criteria:
1. Be led by sex workers for the benefit of sex workers.
2. Be committed to connect to and strengthen the sex workers’ rights movement
3. Agree with all the principles of the Red Umbrella Fund.
We do NOT fund:
- Organisations that are not led by sex workers;
- Organisations that have a project or programme with or for sex workers, while the organisation as a whole has a broader focus;
- Organisations that seek to abolish or criminalise sex work;
- Organisations exclusively providing social or medical services;
- Organisations founded by or structurally dependent on political parties, government agencies or religious institutions;
- Business, credit programmes or income-generating activities;
- Academic research;
- Individual requests.
What kind of grants do we give?
The Red Umbrella Fund provides flexible core funding to support the general coordination, functioning and strengthening of a group, organisation or network and its members. Core funding can be used to cover expenses such as registration costs, rent, salaries, advocacy, (peer led) capacity building, membership meetings, networking activities, etc. Our funding is flexible in that it may be used and adjusted largely according to self-identified needs of the grantee. Our grants are not meant solely for project-based activities.
How much funding can be requested?
The Red Umbrella Fund currently provides two-year grants of between €8.000 and €80.000. Please be realistic in your request and do not automatically request the maximum amount.
More details and tips in the 2020 Application Guidelines.