The Red Umbrella Fund is looking for an enthusiastic Programme Associate to join our small and dedicated team in Amsterdam! This position is for 24 hrs per week (up to 32 hours per week may be considered).
About the Red Umbrella Fund
The Red Umbrella Fund is the only global grantmaking initiative for and by sex workers. We aim to strengthen and sustain the sex workers’ rights movements through our financial and non-financial support. Our advocacy and communication efforts focuses on catalysing new funding to support sex workers’ rights movements. The Red Umbrella Fund is coordinated and administered by a small secretariat that is hosted by Mama Cash in Amsterdam.
About the position
The Programme Associate is responsible for the day-to-day management of grants and grantee support. The position requires regular communication – mostly online – with grantees. The Programme Associate is expected to stay abreast of developments in the area of sex work policy, programming and organizing and to build and maintain relevant contacts in the sex worker movements and with other partners. The Programme Associate reports to the Red Umbrella Fund Coordinator.
- Grantmaking and grants administration (such as obtaining references for applicants, providing feedback on grantee work plans, budgets, and reports, and maintaining the database);
- Monitor grant developments and provide support to grantees as relevant;
- Prepare analyses of progress and final assessments of grants;
- Provide and/or organise translation support;
- Provide logistics and other supports for meetings;
- Contribute to the development of communication materials, website and social media updates.
What we are looking for:
- Solid commitment to the Red Umbrella Fund’s mission and principles. Demonstrated experience with sex worker organising or related human rights activism is highly valued.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in other languages, preferably Russian or Chinese, are considered a strong asset.
- Computer literacy (internet savvy and proficient in at least Word, Excel, PowerPoint and WordPress).
- A good communicator with excellent intercultural social skills and a supportive team player.
- Someone with strong organising skills who can handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Applicants must be willing and able (i.e. in possession of a valid work permit for the Netherlands) to work in the Red Umbrella Fund office in Amsterdam.
The Red Umbrella Fund values diversity and welcomes applications from persons of all gender identities and expressions. Applications from individuals with sex work and/or sex worker rights’ activism experience will be prioritised.
What we offer
We offer an exciting and professional work environment in a small, international and innovative fund committed to sustaining and strengthening the sex workers’ rights movements.
The gross full-time (36 hours) monthly salary for this position depends on experience and is based on the Dutch collective labour agreement called CAO Welzijn at scale 7 (€2,345 – €3,213); plus 8% holiday bonus, 13th month, and pension plan.
Relocation costs can be reimbursed for new staff recruited from outside the Netherlands (but already in possession of a valid work permit).
How to apply
Send your resume and motivation letter (in English) to nadia [at] redumbrellafund [dot] org.
The deadline for applications is Monday 19 February, 2018.
Send an e-mail before 16 February to the above e-mail address and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.